The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for providing a full range of HR Generalist support, including full-life cycle recruiting, onboarding of new associates, positive employee relations/culture, reporting and analysis, to New Balance’s North America Global eCommerce teams in St. Louis, as well as the Distribution Center in Earth City. Reporting to the site HR Manager, the Generalist will lead the development and execution of HR projects, programs, systems, initiatives, and implementing plans for the assigned business units.
- Responsible for recruiting for non-exempt and professional level positions within St. Louis to include co-development of updated job descriptions, internal/external posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, coordinating feedback sessions and processing required background checks and delivery of offer letters to new employees, in compliance with Federal and State laws.
- General knowledge of Federal and state legal requirements related to recruiting, reducing legal risks.
- Seek ways to creatively source top talent within the St. Louis market, to include researching national and local professional organizations.
- Leverage NB established campus relations and internship programs within St. Louis and oversee local internships to ensure proper adherence with NB policies and procedures.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in the areas of NB’s applicant tracking system (in accordance with federal reporting requirements, such as applicant tracking, etc.), background/reference check processes and HRIS system/reporting capabilities.
- Participate in the activation team responsible for rollout and education of new HRIS system (Workday).
- Review and optimize the new associate onboarding program to create a more social/digital experience with an emphasis on getting new associates connected to NB values, their peers and our community.
- Partner with hiring managers to co-create a new associate’s first 30-day orientation calendar. Provide ongoing support to HR Manager by assisting with general employee relations/coaching to associates within St. Louis. Serve as business partner to Customer Care and Distribution Center teams; influence and support business objectives and people strategies; resolve employee relations issues appropriate.
- Create and communicate associate announcements, in conjunction with HR Manager when larger organizational announcements coincide.
- Assist with the annual NB performance review process.
- Demonstrate NB Core Values and foster and environment of positive, collaborative working relationships.
- Partner with HR Manager to deliver salary administration, merit increase process, salary grading, market analysis and ensure compliance of DOL and other federal and state guidelines.
- Assist in the planning and execution of company events and projects.
- Innovative: displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Initiative: undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed
- Dependability: follows instructions, responds to direction; takes responsibilities for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate personal with an alternate plan; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Project Management: ability to define outcomes, coordinate resources, develop a timeline, identify resources needed and communicate progress towards goals, in addition to meeting realistic deadlines.